Click here to contact us about this academy.
What’s Holding Your Teams Back?
Do your teams struggle to:
- Define their business objectives and barriers to achieving them?
- Identify and evaluate options for achieving their objectives?
- Craft effective strategies to overcome barriers and achieve their outcomes?
If they struggle with any of these, they may have a gap in their strategic thinking and planning capabilities. Many teams struggle with this, but there is a solution.
Why a Strategic Thinking Academy?
Strategic thinking empowers learners to define a desired outcome, identify and evaluate the options for achieving it, and develop action plans for pursuing the best option. It’s an essential business capability when dealing with external market situations as well as internal situations and stakeholders.
For nearly every role in the biopharma industry, strategic thinking is essential. It is key to articulating and achieving business objectives, as well as driving team success.
Salience Learning’s Strategic Thinking Academy is an innovative learning solution that:
- Teaches strategic thinking while driving learners to immediately begin doing it
- Is in the context of learners’ roles and their situations
- Is available anytime, anywhere
Why Capabilities Development?Capabilities are surging as a key area of focus for learning and development because they:
- Apply to a broad range of contexts and situations
- Endure in volatile, uncertain, changing, ambiguous (VUCA) environments
- Increase learner and organizational value
- Empower learners to do now and in the future and help ensure continued success
Function and Role Contexts
This academy is contextualized for the following industry roles:
- Medical Affairs – Leaders and Medical Field Personnel
- Commercial – Leaders and Field Personnel
- Market Access – Leaders and Field/Home-Based Individual Contributors
- Learning & Development – Home Office Leaders and Individual Contributors, Field Trainers
By the Conclusion of the Academy, Learners Will:
- Define the terms strategy and strategic thinking
- Identify the consequences of not thinking strategically
- Identify role-specific situations when strategic thinking is merited
- Identify four basic steps to strategic thinking and the characteristics of a strategic mindset
- Describe four elements that improve strategic thinking: mindset, CEC (critical, enterprise, creative) thinking, compiling a situation analysis, and incorporating others’ strategies
- Develop plans to enhance the four key elements that improve strategic thinking
- Translate information to insights and develop a plan to think insightfully
- Identify the broader theme and intent of others’ strategies and strategic thinking
- Determine which content of others’ strategies and strategic thinking is relevant and incorporate it into one’s own strategic thinking
- Develop a plan to begin to think more strategically on the job
How It Works
- Effort Time
- ~6 hours
- 2.5 months
- Cohort Size
- 15-250+ learners
- Format / Model
- Fully digital (asynchronous) or blended with instructor-led components
- Dedicated Salience Learning Implementation Partner to ensure successful deployment
- Micro, experiential, active, and social learning design elements
- Impact measurement and metrics before, during, and after
- Built-in learning sustainment resources, job aids, journal, and coaching guide
- Can be customized to reflect your company logo and colors
- Digital badges of completion provided at the close of the academy