Salience University Website Privacy Statement
About this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement (the ‘Statement’) is an overview of how Salience University processes personal information about individuals through the publicly-accessible areas of our websites and any other web-based services or applications that we provide, including https://salienceuniversity.com, and others that link to this Privacy Statement (collectively the “Services”), and illustrates Salience University’s commitment to ensuring that individuals can exercise choice and control over their personal information in accordance with local laws.
Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Statement is specifically intended to provide information for users who interact with Salience University, and individuals with whom we do business.
References to “Salience University”, “we”, “us” and “our” are references to Salience University.
Please read this Statement before using Salience University’s Services or otherwise providing your personal information to us. By using or accessing the Services, or by providing us your personal information, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this Statement.
Personal Information Salience University May Process About You
When you use or access the Services, we may collect or receive personal information. This may include personal information we receive from your employer (our customer), for purposes such as communicating with you and inviting you to create an account to access the Services. We also collect information from you. This information may include the following:
- General information. We may collect informationsuch as your name, email address, and other information you choose to provide about yourself or your organization when you contact us or otherwise engage with us through the Services, such as when you post to discussion forums;
- Professional information. We may collect professional information such as your job title, educational information, professional qualifications, work experience, programs and activities in which you participated, or any other information you choose to provide, such as professional information you provide when you post to discussion forums or create a profile;
Why Salience University Processes Your Personal Information
Salience University will only process your personal information for purposes permitted by applicable laws, which may vary depending on where you live, and where Salience University operates. The purposes of the data processing activities may include:
- Providing the Services and supporting the features available to you.
- Delivering our products and services, such as our digital learning programs.
- Personalizing your digital experience with us, such as enhancing features and designing relevant alerts, products, or services.
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our organization and our services.
- Understanding how you and our customers use our Services and to determine what features and services may interest you and our customers.
- To communicate with you and others, including responding to requests and providing promotional content.
- Trouble-shooting, de-bugging, and otherwise addressing issues that may arise with the functionality of the Services.
- Protecting the legal rights, property, safety, and security of records or information, our organization, our end-users, and others, including detecting and preventing fraud, misuse of the Services, and other unauthorized activity.
- Complying with industry standards, applicable law, judicial process, any properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation, or any subpoena or summons issued by a competent authority.
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information.
Salience University will process personal information for further purposes, where lawful to do so (such as for archiving, scientific or market research purposes) or when legally obliged to do so.
We also may aggregate or de-identify personal information by removing any details that identify you personally. Aggregated or de-identified information will not be subject to this Statement and will be used to the extent permissible under applicable law.
Legal Basis of Processing
Salience University processes personal information under one or more of the following conditions:
- Where you have provided your consent (in which cases, such consent can be withdrawn at any time and without giving any reason);
- Where it is necessary to comply with contractual obligations with you;
- Where the processing is necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation; or
- Where the processing is in Salience University’s legitimate interest, for example, Salience University processes information for statistical purposes, for purposes related to its marketing and business development efforts, information about Salience University’s visitors and supplier personnel, for the improvement of our services, to provide security measures to protect Salience University’s employees, contractors, information and other assets and to prevent crime (such as fraud, financial crime and theft of intellectual and industry property and to ensure the integrity of its manufacturing and other operations).
Data Sharing and Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your personal information may be accessed by staff or suppliers in, transferred to and stored at, a location in the United States or other countries that may not afford the same level of data protection as the country in which you reside. Some of these jurisdictions may not have been deemed adequate by the European Commission or other relevant authorities to provide a comparable level of protection to that of the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, or the United Kingdom (UK). When we transfer personal information subject to the data protection laws of these regions, we will rely on a legal framework that provides appropriate safeguards, such as the standard contractual clauses, or another appropriate framework.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
Salience University may disclose personal information to your employer (our customer), such as information regarding your participation or progress in our digital learning programs. Salience University may also disclose personal information to any member of our group of companies.
In order to conduct Salience University’s business, Salience University may also disclose information to third parties such as public/regulatory authorities/governmental bodies (government, including social and benefits departments), third parties that provide services to Salience University (such as but not limited to service providers conducting audits, providing IT services, etc.). Salience University may also disclose information to other organizations, such as a buyer or other successor in interest in the event of an a divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale, exchange, or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding. We may disclose information to government agencies or others as necessary if Salience University is under a duty to disclose or share individuals’ information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
Salience University may also disclose information to enforce any agreements it has with individuals; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Salience University’s employees or others.
We will also disclose information for any purpose or to any organization that you authorize or permit, such as when we request your consent to share your information and you agree.
Additional Information for Residents of the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK
This section applies only to personal information we receive or collect from the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK.
Automated Decision Making and Individuals’ Rights. Salience University does not undertake decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, of individual unless we inform you otherwise.
Individual Choices: Rights and Access to Information. Under applicable privacy laws (e.g. European data protection and privacy laws), you may have a right to request a copy of personal information of you held by Salience University. You may also have the right to revise, correct, or delete such information. Your rights to such information may be subject to limited legal and regulatory restrictions.
Objection to Processing and Additional Rights. Under applicable privacy laws (e.g. European data privacy law), where Salience University relies on legitimate interests or public interest to process information, and where Salience University conducts direct marketing, individuals can formally object to processing of their information for these purposes (in addition to the “Choices about Marketing” set out below). Individuals should clearly state “objection to processing” when contacting Salience University to exercise this right to objection.
In certain circumstances, you have the additional rights to restrict aspects of the processing of your information or ask for a copy of your data to be provided to you, or a third party, in a digital format.
Exercising Your Individual Rights. Your exercise of the above-mentioned rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest and our own legitimate interests. If you decide to exercise any of these rights, we will check your entitlement, we may request to confirm your identity and in any case we shall respond within a calendar month from receipt of such a request, unless there are valid grounds for extending the response periods, essentially due to the need to confirm your identity, to request additional information or to ask you to specify or limit your request, in case your request is too general or too complex to be handled within the initial deadline. Salience University may not be able to comply with a request where personal information has been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with applicable laws and regulations as well as with Salience University’s record retention obligations and practices. In the event that we cannot satisfy a request with regards to your personal data, we will endeavor to provide you with an explanation, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If we do not handle your request timely or if you are not satisfied with our response to any exercise of these rights, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. Further information and contact details of the competent supervisory authorities can be found here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
To exercise your individual data protection rights please contact our Privacy Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may contact us by post at the address available at Contact Us section below.
How Long Salience University Retains Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which your information was collected and any other permitted associated purpose. Information may be retained for a longer duration where applicable laws or regulations require or allow Salience University to do so.
We respect your privacy and offer choices regarding our collection and use of your personal information:
- You may choose not to provide the personal information we request. However, not providing information we request may restrict your ability to use certain features of the Services. For example, we will not be able to provide users with access to the digital learning programs offered through the Services if you do not provide your general information and create an account.
- You may be able to restrict the collection of personal information or functionality through your device’s operating system or by disabling cookies, but doing so may prevent you from using the functionality of the Services.
- Some Internet browsers have a “do-not-track” feature that let you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time our website does not respond to browser “do not track” signals. We may allow third parties to use our website to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online products or services.
Security of Processing of Personal Information
Salience University has implemented reasonable physical, technical and managerial controls and safeguards intended to keep your personal information protected from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
Salience University reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices at any time and without prior notice to you. If Salience University changes its privacy practices, an updated version of this Privacy Statement will reflect those changes by posting any revisions to the Services with the respective update date listed on the bottom of this Statement. We therefore encourage you to view any amendments when you use the Services from time to time to stay informed of how we are using your personal information.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, or to obtain more information about Salience University’s privacy practices, please contact us.
You can contact our Privacy Office by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at:
(for residents of the European Economic Area)
European Data Privacy Office
75 Farringdon Road | 6th Floor
London | EC1M 3JY | United Kingdom
(for residents of USA)
Chief Privacy Officer
400 Oyster Point Blvd. | Suite 309
South San Francisco | CA 94080 | USA
(for residents of Switzerland)
Walchestrasse 9 | 8006 Zurich
Last Updated: 6/14/2021